Prosecutors want to send a Butte woman to prison for repeatedly driving drunk and during the latest episode, crashing into a man on a motorcycle and shattering his leg with broken bones.
As part of a deal with prosecutors Wednesday, 37-year-old Bethany Lynn Lex pleaded no contest to negligent vehicular assault and driving under the influence as a fourth or subsequent offense. Both are felonies.
A no contest plea means the defendant does not admit guilt but does admit that a jury could find beyond a reasonable doubt that the alleged facts were truthful. It still results in a criminal conviction, same as a guilty plea or being found guilty at trial.
- 3 people were killed and five others were injured after a shooting between rival biker gangs erupted at a New Mexico motorcycle rally
- THE FIVE SCAMS HARLEY DAVIDSON DEALERSHIPS PULL ON PEOPLE
- Crash in Lubbock possibly related to biker gang rivalry
- BANDIDOS MC & MONGOLS MC POSSIBLE DRIVE BY SHOOTING **VIDEO**
- Blessing of the Bikes brings thousands