Victory Tattoo NYC is the first permanent retail tenant since the gut renovations were completed at 77 E. Third St. — the former HQ of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.
The last of the members and/or their entourage moved out of No. 77 between First Avenue and Second Avenue at the end of March 2019. Until then, the Hells Angels had the clubhouse in their possession since 1969.
The two retail spaces, where the Angels once had their bar, entertainment area and storage space, became available in February after the building underwent extensive renovations. (Several pop-up concepts have leased the other storefront.)
Vic Tamian (below), a tattoo artist and entrepreneur, owns Victory Art and Tattoo in Little Falls, N.J. On the shop’s fifth anniversary, Tamian decided to expand and open Victory Tattoo NYC.
- 7,000 attend funeral for Hells Angels leader Ralph “Sonny” Barger
- Sonny Barger funeral is causing concern with local law enforcement.
- Sin City Deciple won’t face a Lake Criminal Court judge until next year on charges he obstructed justice
- Watch Out for Riders: Tips on sharing the road
- A man convicted in the motorcycle dragging death of Johnny Gregory Jr. was sentenced to life in prison