The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office has chosen not to file charges against Colton Mitchell, an associate of the Mongols Motorcycle Club who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident on Aug. 14 in Lafayette.
According to a press release, the Prosecutor’s Office reviewed evidence from the Lafayette Police Department and decided that “the actions taken by Colton Mitchell were a proper exercise of his right of self defense and defense of others, and therefore, his actions were legally justified.”
During the incident, Mitchell reportedly stabbed Nicholas Lusson, a member of Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club, who attacked him with a metal object, according to previous reporting from The Exponent.
Jason Lee Hathaway, a Michigan City resident, is still being held in Tippecanoe County Jail on a $100,000 bond in connection with the incident.
- NOPD Senior Police Officer Rodney Vicknair was charged for engaging in an inappropriate relationship with an underage minor.
- Bad to the bone- The Biker Scene in Mexico and their spin on the biker lifestyle
- Harley-Davidson is retreating from India calling time on a decade-long attempt to break into the world’s biggest motorcycle market
- One person has died following an early Saturday shooting at “urban motorcycle clubs” who were using the building as a night club
- Outlaw MC Member Joseph “JoJo” Noe walked out of Fall River Superior Court Friday with a GPS bracelet around his ankle after posting $50,000 in bail