The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office has chosen not to file charges against Colton Mitchell, an associate of the Mongols Motorcycle Club who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident on Aug. 14 in Lafayette.
According to a press release, the Prosecutor’s Office reviewed evidence from the Lafayette Police Department and decided that “the actions taken by Colton Mitchell were a proper exercise of his right of self defense and defense of others, and therefore, his actions were legally justified.”
During the incident, Mitchell reportedly stabbed Nicholas Lusson, a member of Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club, who attacked him with a metal object, according to previous reporting from The Exponent.
Jason Lee Hathaway, a Michigan City resident, is still being held in Tippecanoe County Jail on a $100,000 bond in connection with the incident.
- Ex-Chicago Outlaws Motorcycle Club boss Orvie Cochran gets early release
- Do serious 1% Clubs start with cops in club?
- Five members of an outlaw motorcycle gang have been arrested and charged after explosives were found
- 69’ers Motorcycle Club turn on each other after hit
- Member of the War Dogs Motorcycle Club charged with felony of Soliciting a Minor and Displaying Obscene Matter to a Minor