The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office has chosen not to file charges against Colton Mitchell, an associate of the Mongols Motorcycle Club who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident on Aug. 14 in Lafayette.
According to a press release, the Prosecutor’s Office reviewed evidence from the Lafayette Police Department and decided that “the actions taken by Colton Mitchell were a proper exercise of his right of self defense and defense of others, and therefore, his actions were legally justified.”
During the incident, Mitchell reportedly stabbed Nicholas Lusson, a member of Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club, who attacked him with a metal object, according to previous reporting from The Exponent.
Jason Lee Hathaway, a Michigan City resident, is still being held in Tippecanoe County Jail on a $100,000 bond in connection with the incident.
- Hells Angels are using an online begging bowl to help pay the legal fees of their ‘brothers’ who are charged with the murder
- National Geographic Outlaw Bikers With Mariana Van Zeller/Hack Job
- Ninety-nine guns were taken from alleged gang members and associates by its National Anti-Gangs Squad
- Brawl between Rebels boss Nick Martin and a Hell’s Angel’s sergeant-at-arms was allegedly sparked over a disagreement
- Now I’m Mad!! I’M Sick of all this CRAP