The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office has chosen not to file charges against Colton Mitchell, an associate of the Mongols Motorcycle Club who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident on Aug. 14 in Lafayette.
According to a press release, the Prosecutor’s Office reviewed evidence from the Lafayette Police Department and decided that “the actions taken by Colton Mitchell were a proper exercise of his right of self defense and defense of others, and therefore, his actions were legally justified.”
During the incident, Mitchell reportedly stabbed Nicholas Lusson, a member of Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club, who attacked him with a metal object, according to previous reporting from The Exponent.
Jason Lee Hathaway, a Michigan City resident, is still being held in Tippecanoe County Jail on a $100,000 bond in connection with the incident.
- Burned down home 3rd linked to Hells Angels
- Decision on Daytona Bike Week happening to be made this week
- Law Enforcement admits to profiling motorcycle clubs
- Bring It to the Table with Black Dragon Black Sabbath MC
- Police organized crime squad have twice broken up gatherings and handed out over $32,000 in fines to members affiliated with the Hells Angels motorcycle club