A man linked to a bikie club has died in a “calculating and brazen” shooting outside his southwestern Sydney home while his wife and child were inside.
NSW Police officers found the 39-year-old with multiple gunshot wounds on Wall Avenue in Panania shortly before midnight on Saturday.
Despite the best efforts of his family, a neighbour and emergency services he was unable to be saved and died at the scene.
“The shooting was very calculated and very deliberate and quite brazen,” Detective Superintendent Robert Critchlow said on Sunday.
Later street shooting victim identified as Comanchero Fares Abounader, ally of Mick Hawi.
They did not say if this could have been a factor in the shooting.
“Despite the fact that the victim is known to police it doesn’t change the fact he was a family man. His wife and young child were home at the time,” Det Sup Critchlow told reporters.
“No-one deserves to be treated like this and murdered in such a callous fashion in front of his home.”
- Hells Angels are using an online begging bowl to help pay the legal fees of their ‘brothers’ who are charged with the murder
- National Geographic Outlaw Bikers With Mariana Van Zeller/Hack Job
- Ninety-nine guns were taken from alleged gang members and associates by its National Anti-Gangs Squad
- Brawl between Rebels boss Nick Martin and a Hell’s Angel’s sergeant-at-arms was allegedly sparked over a disagreement
- Now I’m Mad!! I’M Sick of all this CRAP
Police are looking for a white, late-model SUV and anyone with CCTV around the Panania area has been urged to contact crime stoppers.
“We’ll be knocking on doors and knocking down doors until we find the people responsible,” he added.
Detectives from the Criminal Groups and Homicide squads have established Strike Force Manifold to investigate the shooting with assistance from Strike Force Raptor.