Two properties linked to the Head Hunters MC in Christchurch were raided by armed police today.
Police executed search warrants on Wednesday morning at a Vickerys Rd property in Wigram and a Cashmere house, a police spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman said the armed offenders squad took part in the raids “as a precaution”.
“Police have executed two search warrants in Christchurch this morning in Wigram and Cashmere.
“AOS staff were in attendance as a precaution. As the search warrants are ongoing there is no further update at this time.”
- Elkford man assaulted for allegedly wearing Hells Angels vest
- Florida motorcycle club holds 15th annual memorial ride honoring fallen officers
- Members of the Hells Angels and their associates are among 28 suspects charged with nearly 300 criminal charges
- Supreme Court judge says police did not have sufficient grounds to search a Hells Angels clubhouse
- Two members of a motorcycle club that supports the Hells Angels have been found liable for damages after assaulting and threatening a man.
Four police cars and a van were at the scene on Wednesday morning.
An armed officer was guarding the gate of the Vickerys Rd property, while a scene photographer and officers searched the property.
Police at the scene declined to comment on the reason for the raids.