Two properties linked to the Head Hunters MC in Christchurch were raided by armed police today.
Police executed search warrants on Wednesday morning at a Vickerys Rd property in Wigram and a Cashmere house, a police spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman said the armed offenders squad took part in the raids “as a precaution”.
“Police have executed two search warrants in Christchurch this morning in Wigram and Cashmere.
“AOS staff were in attendance as a precaution. As the search warrants are ongoing there is no further update at this time.”
- Rumble in the woods motorcycle rally 2021 Biking & Brotherhood
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
Four police cars and a van were at the scene on Wednesday morning.
An armed officer was guarding the gate of the Vickerys Rd property, while a scene photographer and officers searched the property.
Police at the scene declined to comment on the reason for the raids.