NSW Press Release
A seventh person will appear in court today charged by Homicide Squad detectives investigating the shooting murder of a senior member of Bandidos MC in the state’s Central West earlier this year.
About 10.50am on Tuesday 14 January 2020, police and emergency services responded to reports a man had been shot at a property on Catombal Road, Eurimbla, about 50km south of Wellington.
Officers attached to Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and located the body of a 60-year-old man inside the home. He had suffered a gunshot wound to the head..
Visit the #1 Biker News Channel on YouTube and get straight up commentary on what’s happening in the biker scene
The man has been formally identified as Bandidos MC Central West Chapter President, Shane De Britt.
A crime scene was established at the property and examined by specialist forensic officers.
The State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad, assisted by Criminal Groups Squad and Orana Mid-Western Police District detectives, commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the man’s death under Strike Force Kerrison.
So far during the investigation, strike force detectives have arrested five men – aged 58, 39, 38, 37 and 22 – and a 34-year-old woman.
All six were charged over their alleged roles in the shooting murder and remain before the courts.
- The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says an argument at a motorcycle club led to a shooting that left three people dead and one injured.
- Annual Jersey Shore motorcycle ride supports Toys for Tots
- Judge is allowed to stay on Hell Angels MC Members Criminal Case
- A New Hampshire judge has denied Volodymyr Zhukovskyy’s bid to be released while he awaits trial in connection with a crash that left seven motorcyclists dead.
- Latin American Motorcycle Association rallies 100 bikers for boy who is recovering from Bully Attack
Following further investigations, a 39-year-old man was arrested at Orange about 2.45pm yesterday (Wednesday 30 September 2020).
He was taken to Orange Police Station and charged with murder and participate criminal group contribute criminal activity.
The man was refused bail to appear at Orange Local Court today (Thursday 1 October 2020).
Investigations under Strike Force Kerrison are continuing.