QLD Press Release
Investigators from the Organised Crime Gangs Group have charged an alleged prospect of the Mongols MC with drug and weapon offenses following the execution of a search warrant at a Browns Plains residence on Friday.
During the search of the residence on October 2, police located and seized 1.3 kilograms of methylamphetamine, 551 grams of cocaine, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition and approximately $50,000 cash.
A cash counting machine and Mongols MC clothing were also located and seized.
A 24-year-old Browns Plains man, allegedly a prospect of the Mongols MC, was arrested and charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous drug exceeding schedule, possession of category H firearms, possession of ammunition and possession of proceeds of crime.
Detective Inspector Larissa Miller from the Organised Crime Gangs Group said this was a notable seizure with the arrest reflecting the Queensland Police Service’s commitment to pursuing motorcycle club-driven crime.
“OMCGs are motivated only by greed and profit, their activities are interwoven with the illegal possession of firearms, drugs and money causing significant harm to our community,” Inspector Miller said.
- Ah OH!!! Skeletor 1%er is mad at Insane Throttle Biker News
- Rumble in the woods motorcycle rally 2021 Biking & Brotherhood
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
“To those thinking of joining a gang, know that we are resolute in our commitment to disrupting and prosecuting members and associates of OMCGS and protecting the community from their criminal activities.”
The man appeared in Brisbane Magistrates Court on October 3 and was remanded in custody.