Police are interrogating bikies across Gold Coast in order to shed the light on the execution of Shane Bowden who was shot dead in the early hours of Monday morning at his rented Pimpama home.
During past day police door knocking homes of Finks and Mongols bikies as well as gathered intelligence from Victoria’s elite anti-bikie unit, Taskforce Echo.
Police suggests Mongols MC members or associates were behind the shooting.
Also, police believe Bowden was targeted due to his falling-out with the Mongols in Melbourne and have gathered intelligence from Victoria’s crack anti-bike police squad, Taskforce Echo.
As Courier-Mail reports, Bowden had fallen foul of the Mongols in Melbourne after he started moving with members of the Comanchero MC, one of the club’s fiercest rivals. After that he was shot and expelled from the Mongols. Bowden did not cooperate with Victorian police and that shooting still remains in active investigation.
Now police suggests that at least two assailants were involved into the murder.
- Rumble in the woods motorcycle rally 2021 Biking & Brotherhood
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
If police will not successfully move forward in this case in nearest time, detectives may have to resort to Crime and Corruption Commission hearings to extract information.
The closed-door hearings, dubbed the “star chamber”, are used by police during difficult investigations into murders, drug trafficking and other serious crimes.