Detectives have charged two members of the Mongols Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (OMCG) with drug offences following the execution of search warrants on the Gold Coast today.
During the search of a Labrador residence, officers from Taskforce Maxima and the Gold Coast Major and Organised Crime Squad (MOCS) located and seized steroids, a small amount of cannabis, cash and mobile phones.
A 31-year-old Coomera man has been charged with trafficking dangerous drugs and will appear in the Southport Magistrates Court tomorrow, October 16.
A 30-year-old Labrador man has been charged with five counts of possessing dangerous drugs, three counts of contravening an order to provide access to information stored electronically and one count of possession of utensils.
He is expected to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on October 29.
A third member of the Mongols OMCG was arrested but released without charge.
South East Region MOCS Acting Detective Inspector Ian Galpin said police remain steadfast in our commitment to addressing the threat of serious and organised crime to keep our community safe.
“We will continue to proactively target members of outlaw motorcycle gangs,” Acting Detective Inspector Galpin said.
- One of three people arrested after police busted a Red Deer outlaw motorcycle gang for drug trafficking will spend the next few years behind bars
- Outlaws Motorcycle Club Member charged with numerous felonies
- Hells Angels Get A Win/Triumph 2021 Model Debut
- International drug smuggler with ties to Hells Angels Pardoned by Trump
- Fourth suspicious fire at a property linked to the family of an alleged Hells Angels member.
“If you are a member of an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang and wish to engage in criminal behaviour, Queensland Police will be unrelenting in bringing you to justice.
“I encourage anyone with information relating to those involved in criminal and gang activity to contact Crime Stoppers.”