Pressreader –NT News
An accused drug supplier and suspected bikie associate has had his bail application delayed for a second time.
Guy Capponi, 62, faced the Darwin Local Court via video link from prison yesterday.
He stands charged with a raft of drug and weapons offences.
He was arrested last week, as a part of a nationwide police crackdown on the Hells Angels MC, alongside co-accused Barry Hunt.
Hunt, 42, was released on bail last week while Capponi’s bail application was adjourned.
The prosecution will allege Capponi was seen on CCTV picking up a parcel from a Post Office box in Howard Springs, which police had previously intercepted and found to contain 55g of “reconstructed ice gel”.
- Systems meant to keep motorists safe failed to prevent a pickup driver on drugs from crashing oncoming group of motorcyclists in New Hampshire leading to the death of seven bikers
- Police have arrested two Mongrel Mob members in a series of raids that turned up firearms and drugs.
- Murder Suspect is a reputed member of Hells Angels outlaw affiliate club the Red Devils Motorcycle Club
- Senior leaders of the Comancheros and Rebels gangs have been arrested and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash
- Three Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang members have been charged following a search of the clubhouse
Capponi’s bail application was adjourned again yesterday after the court heard the prosecution had requested a review on Hunt’s bail.
He’ll return to court next week.