Biker News & Biker Lifestyle

An argument inside the bar led to the fight outside, which witnesses indicated involved about eight people. One person has been killed

By Jack Howland

A confrontation inside of a Sansom Park bar moved early Saturday into the parking lot, where a fight involving several people ended with the fatal stabbing of a 29-year-old man, authorities said.

The man, identified by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office as Christopher Neal Johnson of Cheyenne, Wyoming, was stabbed several times, according to Sansom Park Police Chief Carolyn Gilmore. He later died inside Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital.

It was not known if one person or multiple assailants stabbed the victim, or the nature of his relationship with the people in the parking lot. Police were investigating several persons of interest on Saturday morning, Gilmore said.

Motorcycle Madhouse Biker Radio
Get in the know!! #1 Longest Running Biker News Show with James “Hollywood”Macecari. Subscribe on YouTube for Free

“We’re still real early in the investigation,” she said.

Fort Worth police responded to the reported stabbing near the intersection of Ohio Garden Road and Jacksboro Highway about 1:30 a.m., a police call log shows. The incident, Gilmore said, occurred at the Eight Balls Billiard and Bar in the 5800 block of the highway, in Sansom Park..

Sansom Park officers took over the investigation, although Gilmore noted they were assisted by Fort Worth police, including its gang unit, and Lake Worth police.

An argument inside the bar led to the fight outside, which witnesses indicated involved about eight people, Gilmore said. Although the details surrounding the stabbing were unclear, she said that following the incident, someone tried to take the victim to a hospital in a private vehicle. That person was on the phone with 911, she said, when dispatchers sent MedStar to their location.

MedStar caught up with them and got the victim to a hospital, where he later died.

Gilmore, after a night of no sleep, told the Star-Telegram over the phone Saturday morning she was saddened by the incident. It was a “damn shame,” she said.

Bars have been re-opening all across North Texas following months of being shut down, she noted, giving people an opportunity for human interaction they’ve been missing.

%d bloggers like this: