LORAIN — A local motorcycle club is collecting food for Thanksgiving for area homeless.
Latin American Motorcycle Association Lorain Chapter will host a food drive 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Lorain Arts Council, 737 Broadway. The group is partnering with Rubin Swift in Cleveland to provide for those in need in Lorain and Cuyahoga counties.
The group partnered with Swift last year and fed more than 1,000 people, LAMA Lorain President BeeGee Toro said..
- Systems meant to keep motorists safe failed to prevent a pickup driver on drugs from crashing oncoming group of motorcyclists in New Hampshire leading to the death of seven bikers
- Police have arrested two Mongrel Mob members in a series of raids that turned up firearms and drugs.
- Murder Suspect is a reputed member of Hells Angels outlaw affiliate club the Red Devils Motorcycle Club
- Senior leaders of the Comancheros and Rebels gangs have been arrested and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash
- Three Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang members have been charged following a search of the clubhouse
The group is requesting donations of drinks, desserts like cupcakes and pies, as well as green beans, corn and turkeys. City Councilman Rey Carrion, D-6th Ward, has agreed to donate 10 turkeys to the group, Toro said.
Meals will be distributed Nov. 21.
For more information, including how to volunteer, contact Toro at (440) 225-1561 or Swift at (216) 971-2612.