A man, an alleged member of the Finks outlaw motorcycle gang (OMCG), has been charged with multiple offences including seriously assaulting a police officer in Logan Village yesterday, December 15.
His arrest follows sustained efforts between Crime and Intelligence Command’s Taskforce Maxima and Logan Tactical Crime Squad to locate the man who was wanted for multiple offences committed in the South Eastern Region.
Police arrested the 28-year-old Gold Coast man on Albert Street after a short foot chase during which the man allegedly became violent and punched an officer.
An officer deployed his taser to subdue the man, who was then arrested.
The man was subsequently searched and a knife was located and seized.
The man was charged with multiple offences including serious assault police, possession of a knife in public, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, possession of dangerous drugs and fraud.
He is due to appear in Beenleigh Magistrates on December 16.
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
- The former national president of the Pagan’s motorcycle club is set to plead guilty to a federal charge
Operations Leader, South Eastern Major and Organised Crime, Detective Inspector Troy Lehmann said the arrest was a culmination of significant investigations by police in the Gold Coast and Logan Districts.
“We are focused on keeping our community safe and this arrest is a result of the relentless targeting of 1% outlaw groups by Taskforce Maxima” Detective Inspector Lehmann said.