A young member of the Finks Outlaw Motorcycle Gang will face court in the new year over an alleged brawl at a Hunter Valley hotel over the weekend.
On Saturday, several members of the gang walked into a hotel in Branxton.
Police say two men, one aged 28, then approached two patrons inside the hotel and assaulted them.
Other customers then came to their aid and tried to break the fight up.
However, everyone involved, including the alleged victims, had already left by the time police arrived.
Following investigations, officers attended a home on Wollombi Road at Bellbird Heights, where they arrested the 28-year-old man.
He was taken to Hunter Valley Police Station and charged with affray.
- What’s it like and what’s it mean to be a biker?
- Police will be armed as tension between gangs simmers after Mongrel Mob Member Shooting
- One of the 16 men charged over the attempted hit on Mongols biker Rocco Curra will be released from custody ahead of a potential trial.
- If you’re in a motorcycle club these are the must have communication tools
- The onetime soldier was also the youngest bikie at the Milperra massacre 36 years ago and has seven counts of manslaughter recorded against his name
The man was granted conditional bail and will appear in Cessnock Local Court on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
As inquiries continue, with the assistance of Strike Force Raptor, officers are seeking information from anyone who may have been at the hotel in the evening of Saturday 19 December 2020.