A young member of the Finks Outlaw Motorcycle Gang will face court in the new year over an alleged brawl at a Hunter Valley hotel over the weekend.
On Saturday, several members of the gang walked into a hotel in Branxton.
Police say two men, one aged 28, then approached two patrons inside the hotel and assaulted them.
Other customers then came to their aid and tried to break the fight up.
However, everyone involved, including the alleged victims, had already left by the time police arrived.
Following investigations, officers attended a home on Wollombi Road at Bellbird Heights, where they arrested the 28-year-old man.
He was taken to Hunter Valley Police Station and charged with affray.
- Members of the Hells Angels and their associates are among 28 suspects charged with nearly 300 criminal charges
- Supreme Court judge says police did not have sufficient grounds to search a Hells Angels clubhouse
- Two members of a motorcycle club that supports the Hells Angels have been found liable for damages after assaulting and threatening a man.
- Crimes of the Big Motorcycle Gangs
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs believe they can operate outside the law – and we’re here to remind them they cannot,
The man was granted conditional bail and will appear in Cessnock Local Court on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
As inquiries continue, with the assistance of Strike Force Raptor, officers are seeking information from anyone who may have been at the hotel in the evening of Saturday 19 December 2020.