A man will appear in court following investigations into a brawl at a hotel in Branxton at the weekend.
During the evening of Saturday, December 19, 2020, several members of the Finks Outlaw Motorcycle Gang attended a hotel in Branxton.
It will be alleged in court that, while inside the hotel two men, one aged 28, approached two patrons and assaulted them.
Other patrons in the venue came to their aid and separated the group; they all left the location – including the victims – prior to the arrival of officers from Hunter Valley Police District.
About 10am on Christmas eve (Thursday December 24, 2020), investigators attended a home on Wollombi Road, Bellbird Heights, where they arrested the 28-year-old man.
He was taken to Hunter Valley Police Station and charged with affray.
The man was granted conditional bail and will appear in Cessnock Local Court on Wednesday, January 20, 2021.
As inquiries continue, with the assistance of Strike Force Raptor, officers are seeking information from anyone who may have been at the hotel in the evening of Saturday December 19, 2020.
- Members of the Hells Angels and their associates are among 28 suspects charged with nearly 300 criminal charges
- Supreme Court judge says police did not have sufficient grounds to search a Hells Angels clubhouse
- Two members of a motorcycle club that supports the Hells Angels have been found liable for damages after assaulting and threatening a man.
- Crimes of the Big Motorcycle Gangs
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs believe they can operate outside the law – and we’re here to remind them they cannot,