A man will appear in court following investigations into a brawl at a hotel in Branxton at the weekend.
During the evening of Saturday, December 19, 2020, several members of the Finks Outlaw Motorcycle Gang attended a hotel in Branxton.
It will be alleged in court that, while inside the hotel two men, one aged 28, approached two patrons and assaulted them.
Other patrons in the venue came to their aid and separated the group; they all left the location – including the victims – prior to the arrival of officers from Hunter Valley Police District.
About 10am on Christmas eve (Thursday December 24, 2020), investigators attended a home on Wollombi Road, Bellbird Heights, where they arrested the 28-year-old man.
He was taken to Hunter Valley Police Station and charged with affray.
The man was granted conditional bail and will appear in Cessnock Local Court on Wednesday, January 20, 2021.
As inquiries continue, with the assistance of Strike Force Raptor, officers are seeking information from anyone who may have been at the hotel in the evening of Saturday December 19, 2020.
- What’s it like and what’s it mean to be a biker?
- Police will be armed as tension between gangs simmers after Mongrel Mob Member Shooting
- One of the 16 men charged over the attempted hit on Mongols biker Rocco Curra will be released from custody ahead of a potential trial.
- If you’re in a motorcycle club these are the must have communication tools
- The onetime soldier was also the youngest bikie at the Milperra massacre 36 years ago and has seven counts of manslaughter recorded against his name