HYANNIS – Barnstable Police Detectives say they had been investigating Travis S. Rockwell, age 36, of Hyannis, for over a month. According to a BPD media statement, an investigation was initiated on 12/19/2020 regarding Rockwell’s alleged involvement in illegal possession of firearms and narcotics.
On this past Friday – 1/22/2021 – Barnstable Police Detectives “armed with a search warrant” observed Rockwell riding away from his residence at 121 Dunn’s Pond Road on his motorcycle. Rockwell was wearing an Outlaws Motorcycle Club vest. Police conducted a traffic stop and Rockwell was placed under arrest. At some point, Rockwell acknowledged that he is a member of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club’s Cape Cod Chapter, according to BPD Detectives.
Rockwell was then transported back to his 121 Dunn’s Pond Road residence, where detectives continued their investigation. During the execution of their search warrant, the BPD reported they seized 235 large capacity firearm magazines, 85 vials of Anabolic Steriods, about 19 grams of Cocaine, assorted rounds of ammunition, and an “AK-15” assault rifle. (HN Note: according to various sources, the AK-15 is a relatively new weapon, first publicly revealed in 2016, and chambered in 7.62x39mm, it is said to have been designed for Russian military and law enforcement forces.)
Rockwell was charged with Trafficking Cocaine (18 grams or more), Reckless Endangerment of a Child, Unlicensed Possession of an Assault Rifle, Possession of a Class E Substance (Steroids), and Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Devices/Magazines.
Rockwell was held over the past weekend in Barnstable Police custody. His arraignment was on Monday, 1/25/2021 in Barnstable First District Court. According to the BPD’s media statement, Rockwell was “ordered held on $10,000 bail.”
* All suspects are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Pagans MC at a Crossroads Who will step up to lead after National Presidents Arrest
- Member of Bandidos Motorcycle Club dies after hitting a stalled car
- Police say they’ve arrested a half dozen people connected to outlaw motorcycle gangs on an assortment of drug and weapons offences
- A Danville man faces a lengthy prison term after his conviction for shooting outside Untouchables Motorcycle Club
- A person was wounded in a shooting and another stabbed during a fight last weekend between rival motorcycle gangs in Chicago