by: Eric Richards
GREEN BAY, Wis.(WFRV)- For 45-years, the motorcycle swap meet has been held at the end of January. This year was no exception, as the snow continued to fall in Green Bay, vendors and motorcycle clubs got together.
“Today you can get engines, transmissions, used parts, there are also people selling decorated bandanas,” said Tom Bongerous, one of the event organizers. Bongerous, who has been riding since the age of 5, says the long standing tradition is for people who already own as well as folks who are interested in buying.
This year, the Riverside Ballroom is where clubs like Bikers Against Child Abuse set up. “We provide an escort for victims who need to get to court or school,” said “Iron Man.” He told Local 5’s Eric Richards that he hopes that one day there won’t be a need for the club. “We’re hoping that there will be an end to child abuse world wide, but in the meantime we’re here for the innocent victims.
- National President of Pagans MC and Ferinand Augello Pagan Case
- Inmate claims he was drugged and raped for three days in jail before allegedly being marked with a series of ‘grotesque’ tattoos by Hells Angels
- Pharaohs and the Outlaws Motorcycle Club
- Hells Angel that assaulted Rebel boss had house targeted by drive by shooting
- Longtime member of The Loners Motorcycle Club had been shot to death