By Erin Pearson– theage.com.au
Mongols bikie gang leader Toby Mitchell must undergo intensive anger management and alcohol counselling before he is sentenced later this year for attacking two men.
Mitchell, who last week pleaded guilty to two counts of unlawful assault over separate attacks in 2020, will now also be able to reunite with his fellow Mongols associates and leave his Southbank apartment after 8pm, after “onerous” bail conditions were relaxed.
It came as a magistrate allowed the release of CCTV footage depicting the two assaults, which occurred outside Gilson cafe in South Yarra on October 8 and at Southbank on November 15.
The 45-year-old Mongols boss was due to be sentenced at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.
But Corrections Victoria asked the court for four more weeks to adequately assess Mitchell’s suitability for a community corrections order.
Magistrate John Bentley then decided to instead defer sentencing and require Mitchell undergo therapy before returning to court in September.
- State’s Attorney’s Office filed a motion this week asking a judge to prevent first-degree murder defendant from calling an expert witness
- The Sons of Silence Motorcycle Club
- Woman is facing charges after police say she beat another woman inside a bar- wives of men who are in the Pagans motorcycle gang.
- Hells Angel & Gangster Maurice (Mom) Boucher
- A former London man whose home was struck by gunfire during a turf battle between the Hells Angels gunned down