By Erin Pearson– theage.com.au
Mongols bikie gang leader Toby Mitchell must undergo intensive anger management and alcohol counselling before he is sentenced later this year for attacking two men.
Mitchell, who last week pleaded guilty to two counts of unlawful assault over separate attacks in 2020, will now also be able to reunite with his fellow Mongols associates and leave his Southbank apartment after 8pm, after “onerous” bail conditions were relaxed.
It came as a magistrate allowed the release of CCTV footage depicting the two assaults, which occurred outside Gilson cafe in South Yarra on October 8 and at Southbank on November 15.
The 45-year-old Mongols boss was due to be sentenced at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.
But Corrections Victoria asked the court for four more weeks to adequately assess Mitchell’s suitability for a community corrections order.
Magistrate John Bentley then decided to instead defer sentencing and require Mitchell undergo therapy before returning to court in September.
- National President of Pagans MC and Ferinand Augello Pagan Case
- Inmate claims he was drugged and raped for three days in jail before allegedly being marked with a series of ‘grotesque’ tattoos by Hells Angels
- Pharaohs and the Outlaws Motorcycle Club
- Hells Angel that assaulted Rebel boss had house targeted by drive by shooting
- Longtime member of The Loners Motorcycle Club had been shot to death