More than 100 riders and associates roared in the Garden City from around the country for the meet.
It came after a flare-up in gang violence in the city since New Year, with a suspected gang-related homicide and double shooting in Kaiapoi which left Fairmont Joseph Wiringi, son of Joseph Wiringi, the local Mongrel Mob president with gunshot wounds.
Mongrel Mob members were spotted around Christchurch over the weekend, with the Herald understanding that the hui was held at Halswell Quarry.
Gang members were also seen at Riverside Market in the central city, and at several inner city bars.
The gang members roared through the quiet North Canterbury town of Amberley on Friday. Photo: George Heard via NZ HeraldWhile many Mongrel Mob members have returned home and left the South Island, others have continued their southern tour to Queenstown.
Police have been on alert since the weekend after members of the Mongrel Mob arrived in Queenstown after a hui in Christchurch.
Mob members were seen going around the sights yesterday and were believed to be staying for a few days before returning home.
The Otago Daily Times understands about 70 members of the gang arrived in Queenstown on Sunday.
- EP 776 HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN | BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- HELLS ANGELS MC OFF ONE OF THEIR OWN BANDIDOS MC SHUTDOWN
- Bay Area’s biggest federal prosecution in recent memory, three Hells Angels have been convicted of murdering one of their own
- HELLS ANGELS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY
- OUTLAW BIKERS RUNNING LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES TO LAUNDER MONEY