COLUMBIA, S.C. (WFXG) – Two men are facing charges after a deadly shootout at Capital City Cycles, a motorcycle shop on Two Notch Road in Richland County, killed one person and injured four.
Authorities say biker Khristopher Wheat is being charged with obstruction of justice, and biker James Hill faces a first degree assault by mob charge for the incident that occurred on Thursday, Mar. 11.
The Richland County Sheriff’s Office responded to the location around 4 p.m. after receiving a call in reference to a shooting outside of the business.
According to the Coroner’s Office, the shooting victim was identified as 55-year-old Charles E. Lilly, of Beech Island. EMS pronounced Lilly dead on the scene.
“We are working with Richland County Sheriff’s Department to fully investigate this matter,” said Richland County Coroner Naida Rutherford.
Four Harley Davidson motorcycles were towed from the scene along with a Honda Civic and Chevy Silverado, according to investigators.
Officials say the deadly incident is still under investigation, and more charges could be coming for those involved.
FOX 54 will provide more updates as we receive them.
- ‘Cooked alive’Dramatic footage shows the wild, high-speed chase involving the motorbiker
- Guess what, you don’t need a penis to ride a bike.
- RENEGADES MC MEMBER ESCAPED EASTERN STATE PSYCH FACILITY
- PAGANS MC INVOLVEMENT GOT CLUBHOUSE SHUT DOWN
- Scene of motorcycle club brawl shut down by City of Fall River