COLUMBIA, S.C. (WFXG) – Two men are facing charges after a deadly shootout at Capital City Cycles, a motorcycle shop on Two Notch Road in Richland County, killed one person and injured four.
Authorities say biker Khristopher Wheat is being charged with obstruction of justice, and biker James Hill faces a first degree assault by mob charge for the incident that occurred on Thursday, Mar. 11.
The Richland County Sheriff’s Office responded to the location around 4 p.m. after receiving a call in reference to a shooting outside of the business.
According to the Coroner’s Office, the shooting victim was identified as 55-year-old Charles E. Lilly, of Beech Island. EMS pronounced Lilly dead on the scene.
“We are working with Richland County Sheriff’s Department to fully investigate this matter,” said Richland County Coroner Naida Rutherford.
Four Harley Davidson motorcycles were towed from the scene along with a Honda Civic and Chevy Silverado, according to investigators.
Officials say the deadly incident is still under investigation, and more charges could be coming for those involved.
FOX 54 will provide more updates as we receive them.
- Bandidos MC lose a legend Colin Caesar Campbell
- Gypsy Joker MC trial pits cooperating motorcycle club members against leaders
- Six Gypsy Jokers expected to testify against supposed brothers
- The Bandidos motorcycle gang and the Mongol Nation motorcycle gangs are involved in what authorities call a turf war
- Hell’s Angels Member Sentenced to 14 Years in Prison for Methamphetamine Trafficking