This photo of a bloodied and gagged ex-motorcycle gang member was sent to his family on the night he was allegedly kidnapped in Australia.
The gang was reportedly demanding AU$100 million (£54.6 million) for the release of Dillon Mancuso, 37, who was allegedly abducted at gunpoint and driven to a warehouse in Sydney, where he was held for six hours.
Mancuso, a former member of the Lone Wolf gang, was photographed with duct tape covering his eyes and mouth, while blood streamed down his face and swollen lip.
A text message accompanying the image read: ‘Hello brother’, followed by three smiley-face emojis.
It goes on to say: ‘Send to his friends who value his life and will negotiate’, the Daily Telegraph reported
But the extortion plot failed when armed police stormed the building as it was allegedly set on fire by the gang, before Mancuso was rescued wearing nothing but his white underwear.
According to police, a group of men, one of them armed with a gun, had forced their way into a property in Bringelly at around 3am on Tuesday and dragged Mancuso into a waiting vehicle outside.
- Police arrested four men and seized drugs and more than $50,000 in cash
- Head Hunters trio arrested over $500k
- Prosecution of a prostitute and two Hell’s Angels
- DID “BIG CAZ” LIE OR WAS IT ALL A SETUP FROM A DIRTY COP AND COMPETITOR FROM DEATH ROW RECORDS?
- How to stop a Fellow Motorcycle Rider From Riding Drunk