A Brenham woman who says she was wrongfully charged in the 2015 biker gang shootout that left nine dead and 177 people arrested has filed a $350 million federal lawsuit against the City of Waco, McLennan County, the district attorney, police chief and other investigators.
Morgan English, 32, filed the suit Wednesday in federal court in Austin, contending officials violated her constitutional rights and lied to authorities in wrongly claiming that she was a known member of a criminal motorcycle gang who participated in ongoing criminal activities.
“This is especially outrageous because a perjured arrest affidavit was issued for a young lady who arrived at the restaurant parking lot minutes before the shooting began,” said Randall Kallinen, the Houston civil rights attorney who is representing her.
“Morgan English has now been portrayed all over the world as involved in a mass homicide. Her lawsuit is very different from others that have been filed following the melee nearly 22 months ago.”
Authorities have pointed to a judge’s gag order that prohibits them from commenting publicly about what happened in Waco.
- Bandidos MC lose a legend Colin Caesar Campbell
- Gypsy Joker MC trial pits cooperating motorcycle club members against leaders
- Six Gypsy Jokers expected to testify against supposed brothers
- The Bandidos motorcycle gang and the Mongol Nation motorcycle gangs are involved in what authorities call a turf war
- Hell’s Angels Member Sentenced to 14 Years in Prison for Methamphetamine Trafficking