Organised crime has been front page news after the Australian Federal Police revealed its pivotal role in a multinational sting, three years in the making.
This follows recent calls from Western Australian police commissioner Chris Dawson for tougher laws against bikies to tackle organised crime.
But are outlaw motorcycle gangs the serious organised crime threat they are made out to be?
- Bandidos MC lose a legend Colin Caesar Campbell
- Gypsy Joker MC trial pits cooperating motorcycle club members against leaders
- Six Gypsy Jokers expected to testify against supposed brothers
- The Bandidos motorcycle gang and the Mongol Nation motorcycle gangs are involved in what authorities call a turf war
- Hell’s Angels Member Sentenced to 14 Years in Prison for Methamphetamine Trafficking