The Surrey RCMP and the B.C. Coroners Service are investigating after a full-patch Hells Angel from Alberta was found dead in a Surrey RV park Thursday.
Darcy Lee, 45, had been staying at the Brownsville RV Park, at 11940 Old Yale Rd., for about two weeks, an employee at the park told Postmedia.
She said it was hard to know how long the man had been dead, but that he was found Thursday.
Sources confirmed the deceased person was Lee, a member of the Westridge chapter of the Hells Angels, based in Edmonton.
Sgt. Elenore Sturko said that Surrey RCMP has opened a file on Lee’s death, but that there is no indication of foul play.
On Thursday afternoon, several B.C. Hells Angels arrived at the RV park after learning of their fellow biker’s demise.
Lee may have been on the Lower Mainland for work, one source said.
Hells Angels from other provinces often travel to this province for commemorative club “rides” and annual anniversary events. But those activities have all been cancelled for more than a year due to the pandemic.
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
- The former national president of the Pagan’s motorcycle club is set to plead guilty to a federal charge
- A Hells Angel with a record was found carrying a loaded gun and drugs during a traffic stop
- Is Mongols Lil Dave Innocent of Allegations against him?
- Man faces charges in a shooting that left one man dead and four injured in front of the Casablanca Bar and Grill in Lake Ozark