BERLIN, July 1 (Reuters) – German police raided more than 100 premises of the Bandidos motorcycle gang on Thursday and seized weapons, ammunition and large amounts of cash, the interior ministry said.
Almost 1,800 officers took part in the searches, which were focused in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia and four other states, the ministry said.
The Bandidos MC group was founded in Houston, Texas in 1966 and has had a branch in Germany since 1999 with the official purpose of promoting joint motorcycling and organising events, the ministry said.
“In fact, the association is striving to gain territorial and financial power over similar competing motorcycling groups and enforces such claims with violence,” it added.
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
- The former national president of the Pagan’s motorcycle club is set to plead guilty to a federal charge
- A Hells Angel with a record was found carrying a loaded gun and drugs during a traffic stop
- Is Mongols Lil Dave Innocent of Allegations against him?
- Man faces charges in a shooting that left one man dead and four injured in front of the Casablanca Bar and Grill in Lake Ozark