Keith “Conan” Richter, of Bay Shore, New York, has a plea agreement hearing set for July 30, according to online court records.
Richter has been held in a New Jersey jail since he was charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon in February after police became aware that Richter, who spent 16 years in prison for attempted murder and racketeering, was traveling in New Jersey with a loaded firearm.
Richter was traveling back to New York from a Pagan’s event in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where police said they were informed Richter was in possession of a firearm, which a convicted felon is not legally allowed to do.
He was a passenger in a GMC that left the party around 11 p.m. and was eventually pulled over in in East Windsor in Mercer County around 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 21. Police searched the vehicle and found a loaded Ruger P345 .45-caliber handgun underneath the cupholder of the center console, authorities said.
Richter and the passenger were not detained at the time, but Richter was later arrested by an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
- MONGOLS MC | SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LOCO
- A turf war between the Killer Beez and Tribesmen motorcycle gangs has exploded
- Paramedics airlifted a Clermont man to the hospital after a fiery motorcycle crash Monday evening in White County
- ALL OF THESE ARE MOTORCYCLE GANGS | HAMC AOA PAGANS MONGOLS
- Best biker bars in Myrtle Beach Area