STURGIS, S.D. (KEVN) – Law enforcement agencies across the area are preparing for the 81st bike rally, and are on alert for potential gang activity.
Outlaw motorcycle gangs, like the notorious Hells Angels, often visit the rally, adding more work for law enforcement monitoring their activities.
Meade County Sheriff Ron Merwin said that these bike gangs don’t often plan to cause trouble, but might get into some once they arrive in Sturgis.
”I think one thing kind of leads to another, and trouble finds them,” Merwin said. “But I don’t suspect that they come here openly looking for it. They just don’t back down from it either.”
The rally is celebrating its 81st year, and there are rumors that there may be a larger Hells Angels presence than usual, since H and A, standing for Hells Angels, are the 8th and 1st letters of the alphabet respectively.
- Red River residents still reeling from a shootout between motorcycle gangs during the Red River Motorcycle Rally
- Red River Motorcycle Rally Cancelled in Aftermath Of Shootout **FULL VIDEO**
- Allegedly attacking a fellow member of his motorcycle club with an ax handle during an argument
- THE BANDIDOS MC WERE IN THE RIGHT MORE FROM SHADY **FULL VIDEO**
- Two men from Texas appeared in court in connection with a deadly shootout at a motorcycle rally