SPRING HILL, FL — More than two years after his death, a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who killed Spring Hill resident James William Earl has been increased to $15,000.
Just before 7 a.m. on Jan. 16, 2019, Earl, 32, was gunned down in his driveway at 14838 Glenrock Road while his fiancé, Stephanie Harper, looked on in horror.
The Florida Sheriffs Association originally offered a $5,000 reward in addition to Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay’s $3,000 reward. Now Earl’s family has upped the reward to $15,000.
Although Earl was a documented member of the Pagan Motorcycle Gang, he didn’t fit the stereotypical gang member profile.
He grew up in Fairfield, Illinois, where he lettered in track and field at Fairfield High School. He joined the U.S. Navy and was stationed in Afghanistan, returning home with a collection of combat medals pinned to his uniform.
- 7,000 attend funeral for Hells Angels leader Ralph “Sonny” Barger
- Sonny Barger funeral is causing concern with local law enforcement.
- Sin City Deciple won’t face a Lake Criminal Court judge until next year on charges he obstructed justice
- Watch Out for Riders: Tips on sharing the road
- A man convicted in the motorcycle dragging death of Johnny Gregory Jr. was sentenced to life in prison