The highly contagious Delta variant of Covid-19 is “seated” in Auckland’s gang communities and among rough sleepers, the Ministry of Health has told MPs today.
“If we think about the current outbreak, how it seems to have seated itself in a gang environment and the homeless, these are people that are less likely to be trusting of the health system,” pacific health director Gerardine Clifford-Lidstone said at today’s online select committee briefing on the Government’s response to Covid-19.
“Finding people within these communities that can promote the vaccine will be very important,” she told MPs.
“These are things we’ve started to work on.”
- Fifteen members and associates of the Sin City Deciples have been charged in a Superseding Indictment with a racketeering conspiracy
- President of a Massachusetts trucking company is pleading guilty to federal charges related to crash that killed seven motorcycle riders
- Filthy Few, Hells Angels HUGE Bust
- Raids targeting the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang this week
- A Mongols bikie gang associate has been killed in a crash near Christchurch.