People from all walks of life enjoy the thrill, adventure, and sense of freedom that comes with riding a motorbike. For some, riding becomes a significant enough passion and pastime to consider joining a motorcycle club.
Thanks to criminal groups such as the Bandidos and Hells Angels, there is some stigma attached to joining a biker club. People tend to jump to conclusions when they see a group of leather-clad riders noisily cruising the streets or highways. It’s important, therefore, to do your research before considering joining a biker club.
Many are comprised of respectful, law-abiding citizens who simply want to join a community and share in their passion for riding; it’s just a matter of finding the right one for you.
Some motorcycle clubs focus more on a particular group or type of rider than others, and these are commonly known as specialized or dedicated biker clubs.
Here are some of the key benefits of joining a dedicated biker club.
Becoming a member of a dedicated biker club often provides you with a whole new world when it comes to social events and community. One of the primary purposes of joining a biker club is to arrange to ride together as a group, but this typically spills over into a variety of social occasions. There is the opportunity to make life-long friends with similar interests and have a calendar that features regular riding and related events to look forward to throughout the year.
While the following may be the most well-known biker clubs, there are plenty of local US clubs looking for new members. Try a local google search for a biker club in your area.
- The Outlaws
- The Pagans
- Bikers Against Child Abuse
- The Iron Order Motorcycle Club
- The Mongols
- The Vagos
- The Bandidos
- The Hells Angels
- Women in the Wild
- American Motorcycle Association
Safety in numbers
Whether you’re on a long ride or a quick detour through the country lanes, it is always better to be with others when biking, as there is safety in numbers. If your bike was to break down in the middle of nowhere or you were to feel unwell or have an accident, being part of a club and having other members with you can give you a great deal of security.
Assistance and discount perks
Many specialized motorcycle clubs offer their members a variety of discounts and perks, as well as assistance with a number of bike-related things. Many members will enjoy getting together as a group and socializing while they work on their bikes in a collective effort. It is also common to receive discounts when it comes to parts, maintenance and servicing, and purchasing bikes.
- Mongols outlaw motorcycle gang members and associates allegedly turned on police
- 35-year-old librarian was fatally shot on Saturday after she returned home from a hit and run crash and pointed a firearm at the motorcyclist
- Hells Angels have been implicated in a variety of violent crime worldwide
- A massive police operation in Brisbane’s bayside area appears to have rolled up a bike logistics network using the trucking industry as cover.
- Two suspected motorcycle gang members charged in connection with the reported beating denied bond