A 35-year-old librarian was fatally shot on Saturday after she returned home from a hit and run crash and pointed a firearm at the person she allegedly hit with her car.
On Saturday, Sara Nicole Morales allegedly intentionally hit Andrew Derr, a 40-year-old motorcyclist, with a blue Kia that she was driving and then fled the scene, according to the Orange City, Florida, Police Department. The motorcyclists and other witnesses attempted to get Morales to pull over and followed her to her home, where she went inside and re-emerged with a handgun, which police said she pointed at Derr.
Derr, a concealed weapons permit holder, fired multiple rounds, striking Morales, according to police. Morales was still breathing after the shooting and was transported to Halifax hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.
Before shots were fired, Morales yelled at the people who were outside her home that they were “three men” and “you followed me,” according to a 911 call WESH published. Several shots are then heard being fired and the 911 operator asked, “What’s that?”Newsweek Newsletter sign-up >
The caller told the 911 operator that “a lady is shot” and that the “dude that got hit on the bike” was the one who shot her. When asked why he shot her, the caller said, “because she pulled a gun out on him.”
Morales’ handgun was recovered on the scene and Derr remained there until police arrived. Police said he’s been cooperating with law enforcement “from the beginning” and no one has been charged.
- Bad Cops Exposed – Police Wall of Shame
- An accused killer began to faint in B.C. Supreme Court on Nov. 29 as pictures of a gangland shooting in which he was wounded were presented to a jury
- You’re three men. You followed me. Leave me alone!” Morales can be heard screaming before eight gunshots cut her off.
- Bandidos MC Are Blamed /Biker Returns Fire Disturbing Video
- Some members of the Pagans Motorcycle Club were of the opinion that Andrew “Chef” Glick was in the wrong