The driver in a 2019 motorcycle crash has been arrested on a charge of DUI manslaughter for the death of a woman who was riding with him on his motorcycle.
According to the warrant affidavit, Scott Howard Bobbins, 53, of Starke, left Mugshots bar on the night of September 8, 2019, with Casie Riley, who had said she wanted to ride on a motorcycle. Riley left her purse and phone at the bar because she intended on coming back. However, the motorcycle ran off the road on US Hwy 301 near CR 225, and Riley was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The evidence at the scene indicated that the motorcycle had been traveling over 90 mph when it swerved off the road. Riley’s body was found 283 feet from where the motorcycle came to rest, and Bobbins was found 270 feet from the motorcycle.
Bobbins had life-threatening injuries, so his blood alcohol level, 0.155 g/100ml and 0.153 g/100ml, was determined from hospital blood draws. The legal limit is 0.08 g/100ml.
Charges were filed on June 11, 2021, and a warrant was issued for Bobbins’ arrest on June 18. Bobbins was taken into custody yesterday. He is being held on $100,000 bail.
- Vagos motorcycle club interview | Final Thoughts
- Kidnapped man stumbles into hospital
- International President Vagos MC Interview|The Response
- It Was A Savage Deadly Encounter | Motorcycle Thieves Caught
- Iron Horse Motorcycle Club members conspired with Wheels of Souls members to steal motorcycles at Thunder Beach