MILLER COUNTY, Mo. (KMIZ)
A judge has approved a request to move the trial of a man accused in a Lake of the Ozarks biker club shooting.
Miller County Judge Aaron Koeppen granted the change of venue request for Tonka Ponder at an arraignment hearing on Tuesday. The case will now move to St. Charles County.
Ponder also entered a plea of not guilty during the hearing.
The Miller County Prosecutor’s Office charged Ponder with first-degree assault and armed criminal action after the deadly shooting on July 15 outside Casablanca Pub and Grill. The shooting left one person dead and four others hurt during an event for motorcycle enthusiasts.
According to court documents, Ponder shot the man after the man pointed a gun at him during a fight with another person.
Prosecutors also charge Daniel Kurtzeborn with illegal possession of a firearm in the deadly shooting. A court hearing is scheduled for him on Jan. 19.
- 16 ALLEGED MEMBERS OF OUTCAST MC ARRESTED Operation Patronus
- Investigators believe the Bandidos instigated a “premeditated” campaign of violence
- Sixteen members of a Georgia motorcycle gang have been indicted on charges
- GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DISSOLVE THE BANDIDOS MOTORCYCLE CLUB *FULL VIDEO**
- Red River shooting puts spotlight on OUTLAW Motorcycle Clubs *FULL VIDEO*