The death of a 23-year-old Calgary woman last week is being classified as a domestic homicide and police have issued a Canada-wide warrant for the arrest of the victim’s former boyfriend, who was once convicted of crimes related to his involvement with the Hells Angels in Manitoba.
Gerald Russell Frommelt, 37, is wanted for the second-degree murder of Jamie Lynn Scheible.
On Thursday, police responded to reports of gunshots in the northeast community of Temple to find Scheible unconscious and badly injured.
She died a short time later, according to police.
Frommelt is described as 6-2 and weighing about 250 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.
Police say they’ve determined Frommelt and Scheible “were recently in a relationship.”
“We believe this to be a domestically-motivated homicide,” said Staff Sgt. Martin Schiavetta.
“This is a tragic death and we are asking the public to help us locate Frommelt to help bring justice to Jamie’s family.”
Frommelt has a criminal history that dates back at least 13 years.
In 2009, Manitoba RCMP sought Frommelt, who was a Hells Angels associate connected to its local puppet gang, the Zig Zag Crew. At that time, police said he was facing cocaine-trafficking and other offences.
The following year, Frommelt pleaded guilty to cocaine trafficking, participating in a criminal organization and laundering the proceeds of crime.
He was handed a 6½-year sentence.
- 16 ALLEGED MEMBERS OF OUTCAST MC ARRESTED Operation Patronus
- Investigators believe the Bandidos instigated a “premeditated” campaign of violence
- Sixteen members of a Georgia motorcycle gang have been indicted on charges
- GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DISSOLVE THE BANDIDOS MOTORCYCLE CLUB *FULL VIDEO**
- Red River shooting puts spotlight on OUTLAW Motorcycle Clubs *FULL VIDEO*