Auckland has been rocked by five shootings, including four in one hour, as several homes were hit by a spray of bullets on Tuesday night.
A turf war between the Killer Beez and Tribesmen motorcycle gangs has exploded, the Herald understands, but police said investigations were ongoing to determine any potential links between the incidents.
The latest shootings are understood to be directly linked to a series of tit-for-tat attacks and a feud between the two formerly allied gangs.
The firearms incidents tore through Ōtara, Papatoetoe, Flat Bush, Papakura, and Te Atatū between 6.40pm and 9.20pm on Tuesday.
The first four shootings happened between around 6.40pm and 7.40pm.
- Sonny Barger famous Hells Angel and bestselling author dead at 83
- EP 779 HELLS ANGELS LEGEND SONNY BARGER HAS DIED AT 83
- HELLS ANGELS LEGEND SONNY BARGER DIES AT 83
- A judge is expected to decide soon whether to order a new trial against the Mongols Motorcycle Club. AT ISSUE WAS LIL DAVE AN INFORMANT
- NOT GUILTY! MAN CHARGE IN 2020 Fight at Biker Bar found Not Guilty