Exhaust was in the morning air on Saturday as residents of Tallapoosa County and surrounding areas held a motorcycle rally to raise donations for Alexander City resident Terry Norwood, who is enduring a nine-year battle with lung disease.
Over 60 individuals suited up in leather and painted helmets gathered at the Charles E. Bailey Sportplex on July 30 to support their fellow biker and Alexander City resident with a “Two-Wheels and Trikes for Terry” ride to raise donations to help Norwood receive medical help to be put onto a waiting list for a double-lung transplant.
Norwood’s normal weekend pleasure for being out on the open road on his chopper has been drastically hindered by a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) diagnosis in 2013, which has weakened his lungs to the point of a need for not one transplant, but two, even through numerous treatments and lung cleanings. He can’t get onto the UAB transplant list until his current health improves through treatment, which is the goal for the funds collected at the ride.
- THE VIOLENT HISTORY OF THE BANDIDOS MOTORCYCLE CLUB **FULL VIDEO**
- OUTRAGE OVER BANDIDOS MC & WATERDOGS SHOOTING IN NEW MEXICO **FULL VIDEO**
- THE BANDIDOS MC & WATERDOGS MC SHOOTOUT IN NEW MEXICO **FULL VIDEO**
- A biker was charged with murder after a shootout between rival motorbike gangs at a motorcycle rally in Red River
- 3 people were killed and five others were injured after a shooting between rival biker gangs erupted at a New Mexico motorcycle rally