STURGIS BUFFALO CHIP, S.D. — Since 1989, Easyriders Magazine has partnered with the Sturgis Buffalo Chip to host what they call biker rodeos.
These rodeos are a series of motorcycle games and competitions, such as a slow race where the last one to cross the finish line is the winner, a barrel race, and a balloon toss where backseat riders throw a water balloon over an obstacle and catch it on the other side.
Robert Schwellinger, field boss of the biker games, stated, “1989 was the first rodeo and I was out here, and of course we won. Here I am again, but now I am directing the biker games so everyone get out here and have some fun riding motorcycles.”
The event also has a hot dog eating contest, where backseat riders try to catch and eat a hot dog while on a moving motorcycle, and they also have a kick start contest where contestants see how many times they can kick start their bike.
- 7,000 attend funeral for Hells Angels leader Ralph “Sonny” Barger
- Sonny Barger funeral is causing concern with local law enforcement.
- Sin City Deciple won’t face a Lake Criminal Court judge until next year on charges he obstructed justice
- Watch Out for Riders: Tips on sharing the road
- A man convicted in the motorcycle dragging death of Johnny Gregory Jr. was sentenced to life in prison