The attempted murder of former Mongols bike Sam Abdulrahim was amateurish but it’s surprising he survived, a court has heard.
Teenager Yasir Al Qassim applied for bail on Tuesday, charged with conspiring with others to plot to kill Mr Abdulrahim, who was on his way home from a burial service.
Of the seven shots fired at the former bikie who was stopped in traffic at Fawkner on June 25, five struck him in the upper body.
Two offenders in a stolen car tried to flee the scene but crashed into a pole. One carjacked another vehicle while the other hid in a bin behind a nearby KFC before fleeing on foot.
Both men fled the country within 48 hours.
It’s not alleged that Al Qassim, 18, was one of the two offenders, but that he was involved in coordinating and arranging the killing.
- Red River residents still reeling from a shootout between motorcycle gangs during the Red River Motorcycle Rally
- Red River Motorcycle Rally Cancelled in Aftermath Of Shootout **FULL VIDEO**
- Allegedly attacking a fellow member of his motorcycle club with an ax handle during an argument
- THE BANDIDOS MC WERE IN THE RIGHT MORE FROM SHADY **FULL VIDEO**
- Two men from Texas appeared in court in connection with a deadly shootout at a motorcycle rally