By : James Macecari
Yep, thanks, Kurt Sutter for utterly destroying what it was about to be a biker, more importantly, a member of a Motorcycle Club. We do owe you some small bit of gratitude, the embroidery business says a big thank you, after all, your personally responsible for feeding the egos of those who thought they could run out there in the real world and play Jax Teller, even better, run out there and start an M/C without any knowledge about how to do it.
Tough Guy Kurt Sutter being interviewed about the Sexual Assault in Hollywood
Sons of Anarchy was by far the worse show that could’ve happened to bikers, now we are told that Kurt Sutter is in post-production (Or whatever crap they call it in Hollywood) on the Mayans M/C. The Mayans will take place after the golden boy Jax Teller decided to run head-on into a semi. This one according to Sutter will focus on the Latino Experience. Great, he already screwed up the white boy club experience, now he wants to turn the screws and hit the Latinos.
So let’s take a trip on shit that tough guy Kurt Sutter got wrong about what it is to be apart of an MC.
1. We are not a bunch of murderous, serial killing animals. If I got the body count right from your show, one chapter was responsible for over 150 deaths, including law enforcement individuals. With that many deaths dumb ass, you would probably have the National Guard sitting outside the clubhouse.
2. We do not steal names of other clubs. A little-known fact that most don’t know, there is a real club with Anarchy in it. It was started in 2000, it’s based in Europe called the Rolling Anarchy. If I were them, I would be going after some of that money from Sutter.
3. Most clubs, with exception of the Hells Angels vs Rock Machine War of the 1990s, wouldn’t spray bullets in open public at their enemy (Season 2 Finale). Did Sutter get his idea from that war?
4. RICO, plain and simple, clubs do not want to risk it. Most clubs now are fighting for their patches because the government wants to strip them of their rights. The biggest of these cases deal with the Mongols MC. Your little show has put it into every little law enforcement head that all bikers with patches are criminal.
5. M/C is a Club, not a gang who goes around dealing with this Chinese gang or that Mexican cartel. Yes, some clubs have some that have criminal tendencies, but just like law enforcement, you bunched them all into one and made clubs look like a bunch of psychos paths.
I wonder if Kurt Sutter really cares how he portrayed club life in the biking world after all he made millions on t-shirt sales, hat sales, worse of all, back patches. What Kurt Sutter didn’t tell you is that those patches can get you in a lot of trouble. Real M/C members spend up to a year putting in the hard work to become a member of an M/C. As you can see from the video, bikers take those patches pretty serious. Wonder if Kurt Sutter feels for those who were sporting that back patch who got a beat down from a real club member. Nah, he got his money, why should he care? If he did, he would’ve made sure patches were not apart of his merchandise line. But in all honesty, I think it was on purpose, he knew people who had no idea about clubs would run out and buy those patches so they could be just like Jax.
So, as the Mayans M/C show starts to get rolling sometime next year, we in the biker M/C world will start seeing all the Mayan merchandise and craze rolling out. More pop up clubs with no knowledge of the lifestyle will start up (Then get shut down) and we will be having a bunch of freaks acting billy bad ass cause Kurt Sutter portrayed bikers as something they are not. Thanks, Kurt Sutter, you single handily killed M/C life as we know it.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter @insanethrottle