The president of the Nomads outlaw motorcycle gang has been arrested for his alleged involvement in three separate shootings.
Michael Wayne Clark, 34, has been accused of supplying guns used in three shootings in the Batemans Bay area last year.
The Canberra-based bikie boss was arrested in a car park on Wednesday wearing a black hoodie and blue track pants.
He is due to appear in the ACT Magistrates Court on Thursday, where NSW Police will apply for his extradition to NSW to face charges related to firearms and directing a criminal group.
Following his arrest police raided homes in Kingston and Kambah, where they found two motorbikes, a gun, cash, prohibited drugs, jewellery and various bikie paraphernalia, including patches.
Nine others have also been arrested and face 49 charges.
AFP detective Superintendent Scott Moller said he expected more charges to be laid.
‘At this time, investigations are still ongoing in relation to ACT specific offences relating to drug and property matters,’ he said.
‘With the arrest of this Nomads national president, the influence of this club within Canberra is now extremely limited.’
Detective Superintendent Robert Critchlow issued a stern warning to lawbreakers.
‘If you wish to jeopardise the safety of the community through criminal activity in New South Wales, it is only a matter of time before we find you, no matter where you choose to hide,’ he said.
‘We will continue to work with our law enforcement partners across the country to ensure those who endanger the lives of others through their illegal behaviour, are put before the courts and held accountable.’
- SBB Biker Bar allowed to hold events during rally
- A Foxton Beach man will be remembered for his love of family and motorcycles
- A popular Murrells Inlet biker bar will be allowed to hold a fall pre-bike week rally this weekend.
- Another charged in murder of Bandidos President- Bringing total to 6 thus far
- If Comancheros MC are the biggest gang in New Zealand, if they put word on the street about you, no-one comes near you.”