John Meagher • Montreal Gazette
Quebec’s organized crime squad said Tuesday it was carrying out a series of drug raids in the Capitale-Nationale—Chaudière-Appalaches region.
The Escouade nationale de répression du crime organisé (ENRCO) was conducting 13 searches of residences, businesses and vehicles in the Quebec City region.
The search places are associated with individuals with ties to organized crime, specifically the Hells Angels, according to ENRCO.
The operation was being carried out as part of an ongoing investigation. In order to not harm the investigation, the Sûreté du Québec said it will not be issuing any further comments.
- The company that maintains the Hells Angels’ beloved Ponde stronghold offered prosecutors $10,000 to drop their unprecedented bid to seize the property
- A senior Sydney underworld figure jailed for hiding hundreds of thousands in profits and dodging a victim’s compensation payout for 15 years has been released.
- Motorcycle club members have been targeted in police operation Jericho
- Biker bar is expecting a good turnout for this year’s fall bike rally despite Coronavirus restrictions
- Ex- Bandido Reportedly taken over as the boss of the Mongols Outlaw Motorcycle Gang
The mandate of ENRCO is to target organized crime leaders, including members of the Hells Angels.
ENRCO Quebec is made up of police officers from the Sûreté du Québec, the Service de police de la Ville de Québec and the Service de police de Lévis.