John Meagher • Montreal Gazette
Quebec’s organized crime squad said Tuesday it was carrying out a series of drug raids in the Capitale-Nationale—Chaudière-Appalaches region.
The Escouade nationale de répression du crime organisé (ENRCO) was conducting 13 searches of residences, businesses and vehicles in the Quebec City region.
The search places are associated with individuals with ties to organized crime, specifically the Hells Angels, according to ENRCO.
The operation was being carried out as part of an ongoing investigation. In order to not harm the investigation, the Sûreté du Québec said it will not be issuing any further comments.
- Ex-Chicago Outlaws Motorcycle Club boss Orvie Cochran gets early release
- Do serious 1% Clubs start with cops in club?
- Five members of an outlaw motorcycle gang have been arrested and charged after explosives were found
- 69’ers Motorcycle Club turn on each other after hit
- Member of the War Dogs Motorcycle Club charged with felony of Soliciting a Minor and Displaying Obscene Matter to a Minor
The mandate of ENRCO is to target organized crime leaders, including members of the Hells Angels.
ENRCO Quebec is made up of police officers from the Sûreté du Québec, the Service de police de la Ville de Québec and the Service de police de Lévis.