John Meagher • Montreal Gazette
Quebec’s organized crime squad said Tuesday it was carrying out a series of drug raids in the Capitale-Nationale—Chaudière-Appalaches region.
The Escouade nationale de répression du crime organisé (ENRCO) was conducting 13 searches of residences, businesses and vehicles in the Quebec City region.
The search places are associated with individuals with ties to organized crime, specifically the Hells Angels, according to ENRCO.
The operation was being carried out as part of an ongoing investigation. In order to not harm the investigation, the Sûreté du Québec said it will not be issuing any further comments.
- Rumble in the woods motorcycle rally 2021 Biking & Brotherhood
- Final Statement on LIL DAVE and The Mongols MC situation
- Hells Angel pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute heroin
- Five people were stabbed and a hospital was forced into lockdown after violence exploded between rival motorcycle gangs
- All Things Must Come to an end No More Motorcycle Clubs
The mandate of ENRCO is to target organized crime leaders, including members of the Hells Angels.
ENRCO Quebec is made up of police officers from the Sûreté du Québec, the Service de police de la Ville de Québec and the Service de police de Lévis.