An annual lemonade stand that raises money for children battling cancer is coming to a local Hells Angels club this year.
Kiely’s Lemonade Stand helps raise money each year for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Akron with children who are battling cancer.
The fundraiser, which usually is held in Streetsboro, will take place this year in Akron. Brandy Taylor said the Akron Hells Angels Club volunteered space this year to host the seventh annual event.
Taylor said the lemonade stand started after her daughter Kiely’s two cousins, Ryland and Jocelyn, were diagnosed with brain cancer. Taylor said the brother and sister were diagnosed in 2011 and 2012, and are now cancer free.
She said the Ronald McDonald House was amazing with helping out the family, which inspired the family to organize the stand each year.
The event will take place from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 13. Rather than selling lemonade and cookies for a fixed price, patrons can choose their donation, Taylor said.
The club is at 560 N. Howard St. in Akron.
Taylor said they’ll also hold raffles for gift cards and other items donated before the stand opens up.
- Two of the 15 individuals charged in the Project Skylark province-wide drug bust last year are now done with the courts
- An ongoing dispute turned violent at a motorcycle club meeting
- State and federal agencies are joining the investigation into what officials described as a “mass shooting” that injured at least 11 people at motorcycle club
- Police are cracking down on the Hells Angels biker gang banning some members from entering bars and clubs
- Over 11 people are recovering after bullets flew in what officials are calling a mass shooting at a Grenada biker club overnight.
Since the fundraiser started, she said they’ve raised close to $18,000. Taylor said they’ve donated to 17 families so far.
Part of the proceeds also go to making goodie bags each Christmas for children battling cancer. Last year, 50 bags were given to children in the hospital over the holidays.
People interested in learning more can visit facebook.com/kielyslemonadestand/.