NSW Police Press Release
Homicide Squad detectives have charged a fifth person as investigations continue into the shooting murder of a senior member of an Bandidos MC in the state’s Central West earlier this year.
About 10.50am on Tuesday 14 January 2020, police and emergency services responded to reports a man had been shot at a property on Catombal Road, Eurimbla, about 50km south of Wellington.
Officers attached to Orana Mid-Western Police District attended and located the body of a 60-year-old man inside the home. He had suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
The man has been formally identified as Bandidos MC Central West Chapter President, Shane De Britt.
A crime scene was established at the property and examined by specialist forensic officers. The State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad, assisted by Criminal Groups Squad and Orana Mid-Western Police District detectives, commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the man’s death under Strike Force Kerrison.
In the last month, strike force detectives have arrested four men – aged 58, 39, 38 and 22 – at Dubbo, Wellington and Orange. All four were charged over their alleged roles in the shooting murder and remain before the courts.
Following further investigations, Homicide Squad detectives arrested a 34-year-old woman at a carpark at Summer Street, Orange, about 10am today (Thursday 24 September 2020).
A search warrant was subsequently executed at a home at Orange, where detectives seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.
- The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says an argument at a motorcycle club led to a shooting that left three people dead and one injured.
- Annual Jersey Shore motorcycle ride supports Toys for Tots
- Judge is allowed to stay on Hell Angels MC Members Criminal Case
- A New Hampshire judge has denied Volodymyr Zhukovskyy’s bid to be released while he awaits trial in connection with a crash that left seven motorcyclists dead.
- Latin American Motorcycle Association rallies 100 bikers for boy who is recovering from Bully Attack
The woman was taken to Orange Police Station and charged with accessory after the fact to murder, participate criminal group contribute criminal activity, and possess unauthorised firearm.
She was refused bail to appear at Orange Local Court tomorrow (Friday 25 September 2020).Investigations under Strike Force Kerrison are continuing.