NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVUE) – NOPD Senior Police Officer Rodney Vicknair was charged for engaging in an inappropriate relationship with an underage minor.
The NOPD Public Integrity Bureau conducted a preliminary investigation into the case after receiving information on the alleged relationship.
Vicknair was arrested on Friday, Sept. 25 after being a 13-year veteran of the department.
- Elkford man assaulted for allegedly wearing Hells Angels vest
- Florida motorcycle club holds 15th annual memorial ride honoring fallen officers
- Members of the Hells Angels and their associates are among 28 suspects charged with nearly 300 criminal charges
- Supreme Court judge says police did not have sufficient grounds to search a Hells Angels clubhouse
- Two members of a motorcycle club that supports the Hells Angels have been found liable for damages after assaulting and threatening a man.
He was charged with sexual battery, indecent behavior with a juvenile, and malfeasance in office.
Vicknair was arrested at his home in St. Tammany Parish by the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office and place on immediate suspension.
“Allegations against one of our own involving a juvenile is reprehensible,” NOPD Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said. “Upon learning of the situation the NOPD took swift action against the accused officer. New Orleans Police Officers are held to a higher standard. We will not tolerate behavior that compromises the public trust or violates the law.”