NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVUE) – NOPD Senior Police Officer Rodney Vicknair was charged for engaging in an inappropriate relationship with an underage minor.
The NOPD Public Integrity Bureau conducted a preliminary investigation into the case after receiving information on the alleged relationship.
Vicknair was arrested on Friday, Sept. 25 after being a 13-year veteran of the department.
- Fourth suspicious fire at a property linked to the family of an alleged Hells Angels member.
- New York National Guard member has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection with the disappearance two years ago of a Saratoga County biker
- Protected: You get what you deserve. Stop crying about the choices you made.
- Police tell hells angels to cover up tattoos
- A full-patch member of the Hells Angels will get another shot at renewing his firearms license.
He was charged with sexual battery, indecent behavior with a juvenile, and malfeasance in office.
Vicknair was arrested at his home in St. Tammany Parish by the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office and place on immediate suspension.
“Allegations against one of our own involving a juvenile is reprehensible,” NOPD Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said. “Upon learning of the situation the NOPD took swift action against the accused officer. New Orleans Police Officers are held to a higher standard. We will not tolerate behavior that compromises the public trust or violates the law.”