NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVUE) – NOPD Senior Police Officer Rodney Vicknair was charged for engaging in an inappropriate relationship with an underage minor.
The NOPD Public Integrity Bureau conducted a preliminary investigation into the case after receiving information on the alleged relationship.
Vicknair was arrested on Friday, Sept. 25 after being a 13-year veteran of the department.
- The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says an argument at a motorcycle club led to a shooting that left three people dead and one injured.
- Annual Jersey Shore motorcycle ride supports Toys for Tots
- Judge is allowed to stay on Hell Angels MC Members Criminal Case
- A New Hampshire judge has denied Volodymyr Zhukovskyy’s bid to be released while he awaits trial in connection with a crash that left seven motorcyclists dead.
- Latin American Motorcycle Association rallies 100 bikers for boy who is recovering from Bully Attack
He was charged with sexual battery, indecent behavior with a juvenile, and malfeasance in office.
Vicknair was arrested at his home in St. Tammany Parish by the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office and place on immediate suspension.
“Allegations against one of our own involving a juvenile is reprehensible,” NOPD Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said. “Upon learning of the situation the NOPD took swift action against the accused officer. New Orleans Police Officers are held to a higher standard. We will not tolerate behavior that compromises the public trust or violates the law.”