Police have arrested two Mongrel Mob members in a series of raids that turned up firearms and drugs.
The Waikato Organised Crime Team and Armed Offenders Squad, completed five search warrants across Hamilton on Thursday.
As a result, a 38-year-old man is facing charges of participating in an organised criminal group, conspiracy to supply methamphetamine and possession of cannabis for supply, Waikato Criminal Investigations, Detective Inspector Graham Pitkethley said.
A 22-year-old man is charged with perverting the course of justice, possession of methamphetamine for supply, unlawful possession of a pistol, unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition, supplying MDMA (Class B) and possession for supply of MDMA (Class B).”
They are due to appear in the Hamilton District Court today.
“Today’s warrants saw the seizure of firearms, ammunition, cash, methamphetamine, cannabis and the recovery of a stolen Harley Davidson motorcycle,” Pitkethley said.
- Pagans’ Associate Pleads Guilty to Trafficking Cocaine and Illegally Possessing Firearms and Ammunition
- Two men charged with the murder of Outlaws leader
- Street fight between some Alberta Hells Angels and rivals from the Rebels motorcycle gang came as biker clubs have taken to the road again
- Outlaw biker and street gang activity in the Army drops dramatically
- Ah OH!!! Skeletor 1%er is mad at Insane Throttle Biker News
Anyone with information about drug offending, suspicious financial activities or the identification and location of proceeds of crime is urged to contact police by phoning 105, or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police encourage anyone affected by drug addiction to seek help through the Alcohol and Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797, or free text 8681.