Quebec police forces on Tuesday launched a series of raids aimed at breaking up a drug trafficking operation, executing warrants in Quebec City, the Beauce, Portneuf, Montreal and Gatineau.
The province’s anti-organized crime division (ENRCO) said it expects to make 20 arrests over the course of the day.
Tuesday’s operation is part of an investigation that began in January 2019. Information obtained over the course of the probe showed that a drug trafficking network controlled by the Hells Angels was operating in the regions of Quebec City and Chaudière-Appalaches.
The Sûreté du Québec said the full results of Tuesday’s operation would be provided later.
ENRCO Québec is composed of detachments from the SQ as well as the police forces of Quebec City and Lévis.
- What’s it like and what’s it mean to be a biker?
- Police will be armed as tension between gangs simmers after Mongrel Mob Member Shooting
- One of the 16 men charged over the attempted hit on Mongols biker Rocco Curra will be released from custody ahead of a potential trial.
- If you’re in a motorcycle club these are the must have communication tools
- The onetime soldier was also the youngest bikie at the Milperra massacre 36 years ago and has seven counts of manslaughter recorded against his name