Quebec police forces on Tuesday launched a series of raids aimed at breaking up a drug trafficking operation, executing warrants in Quebec City, the Beauce, Portneuf, Montreal and Gatineau.
The province’s anti-organized crime division (ENRCO) said it expects to make 20 arrests over the course of the day.
Tuesday’s operation is part of an investigation that began in January 2019. Information obtained over the course of the probe showed that a drug trafficking network controlled by the Hells Angels was operating in the regions of Quebec City and Chaudière-Appalaches.
The Sûreté du Québec said the full results of Tuesday’s operation would be provided later.
ENRCO Québec is composed of detachments from the SQ as well as the police forces of Quebec City and Lévis.
- Members of the Hells Angels and their associates are among 28 suspects charged with nearly 300 criminal charges
- Supreme Court judge says police did not have sufficient grounds to search a Hells Angels clubhouse
- Two members of a motorcycle club that supports the Hells Angels have been found liable for damages after assaulting and threatening a man.
- Crimes of the Big Motorcycle Gangs
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs believe they can operate outside the law – and we’re here to remind them they cannot,