By John Heinis
A Hells Angels motorcycle gang member was busted with a knife, handgun, and $7,000 cash believed to be from gambling proceeds while he was riding as a car passenger in Bayonne, police said.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
Bernard W. Krynicki III, 31, of North Arlington, was charged with possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a firearm, certain persons not to possess a weapon, gang criminality, possession of gambling records, and promoting gambling, according to Police Capt. Eric Amato.
Krynicki was taken into custody at approximately 10:15 p.m. yesterday from the area of 18th Street and Broadway. Officers conducted a stop of a vehicle in which Krynicki was a passenger.
During the stop, while seated in the rear passenger compartment, Krynicki proceeded to make furtive movements while gripping items concealed in his pants pocket.
After officers requested that he show his hands, an officer was able to observe a knife protruding from his pocket. Krynicki was then removed from the vehicle, leading to the recovery of a knife and a 9mm handgun from his pockets.
During the incident, Krynicki was wearing clothing indicating that he was affiliated with the Hells Angels motorcycle gang and it was later confirmed that he was an active member of the Newark chapter of the club.
Krynicki was additionally found to be in possession of gambling records and over $7,000 in
gambling proceeds. He was also later determined to be classified as a certain person not to possess a weapon, authorities said.
- A Danville man faces a lengthy prison term after his conviction for shooting outside Untouchables Motorcycle Club
- A person was wounded in a shooting and another stabbed during a fight last weekend between rival motorcycle gangs in Chicago
- Deceased Hells Angel that was leading double life estate to be split
- A retrial in the case against a man charged with a murder that happened at the Night Riders Motorcycle Club clubhouse has been scheduled
- Who will run Pagans MC while National Keith Conan Richter is in jail