Harley-Davidson remains in troubling shape as it works to bring in a new generation of motorcyclists. That kicked off with the LiveWire electric motorcycle, but it’s going to continue as the company announced a dedicated electric motorcycle division is coming on Tuesday.
The division is part of a massive turnaround effort titled the Hardwire Strategic Plan. Like any turnaround plans, it targets long-term growth and profits, but in Harley’s case, it wants to work on the desirability factor, too. This will include a broader “view of its customer” with work to include traditional non-riders.
Specific to the electric motorcycle division, this operation will serve the company’s future as it looks into new technologies and defines who these future machines are for. Perhaps Harley’s traditional rider simply isn’t interested in an electric hog. In that case, the company needs to look elsewhere. That’s where the whole idea of looking at “traditional non-riders” comes in.
- Outlaw Bikers Banned from having face tattoos
- Two men were charged Wednesday in connection with a triple homicide
- Outlaw motorcycle gang war” is bringing an increased threat to the public.
- Members of outlaw motorcycle gangs in Western Australia have been advised to hide face tattoos under make-up and plasters
- Pagans MC involved in big shooting while Conan goes to prison