Harley-Davidson remains in troubling shape as it works to bring in a new generation of motorcyclists. That kicked off with the LiveWire electric motorcycle, but it’s going to continue as the company announced a dedicated electric motorcycle division is coming on Tuesday.
The division is part of a massive turnaround effort titled the Hardwire Strategic Plan. Like any turnaround plans, it targets long-term growth and profits, but in Harley’s case, it wants to work on the desirability factor, too. This will include a broader “view of its customer” with work to include traditional non-riders.
Specific to the electric motorcycle division, this operation will serve the company’s future as it looks into new technologies and defines who these future machines are for. Perhaps Harley’s traditional rider simply isn’t interested in an electric hog. In that case, the company needs to look elsewhere. That’s where the whole idea of looking at “traditional non-riders” comes in.
- National President of Pagans MC and Ferinand Augello Pagan Case
- Inmate claims he was drugged and raped for three days in jail before allegedly being marked with a series of ‘grotesque’ tattoos by Hells Angels
- Pharaohs and the Outlaws Motorcycle Club
- Hells Angel that assaulted Rebel boss had house targeted by drive by shooting
- Longtime member of The Loners Motorcycle Club had been shot to death