An alleged member of an outlaw motorcycle gang was arrested on attempted-murder charges late Saturday in Gloucester County following an hours-long manhunt that prompted officials to ask residents to stay at home.
The suspect, Michael F. Dorazo, 41, of Glendora in Camden County, had been released from federal prison in December, supposedly to home confinement, to await a trial stemming from a federal firearms charge, court records show.
Authorities on Sunday said Dorazo forced his way into a Deptford Township residence about noon Saturday. Police responding to reports of a domestic disturbance heard gunshots as they approached the home. When they arrived, Dorazo had fled, and authorities learned he was armed with two handguns and a “high-power, high-capacity” assault weapon, according to the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office. The victim wasn’t injured.
Deptford Township officials asked residents to “shelter in place” as local, state, and federal law enforcement officers searched for the gunman.
- Red River residents still reeling from a shootout between motorcycle gangs during the Red River Motorcycle Rally
- Red River Motorcycle Rally Cancelled in Aftermath Of Shootout **FULL VIDEO**
- Allegedly attacking a fellow member of his motorcycle club with an ax handle during an argument
- THE BANDIDOS MC WERE IN THE RIGHT MORE FROM SHADY **FULL VIDEO**
- Two men from Texas appeared in court in connection with a deadly shootout at a motorcycle rally