Detectives investigating the execution-style murder of Gold Coast bikie Shane Bowden believe members of the Mongols Outlaw Motorcycle gang are behind the killing.
A $250,000 reward has today been announced, with police hoping the massive cash incentive will entice those with information about the brutal slaying to come forward.
Mr Bowden was gunned down in the garage of his girlfriend’s home on Cox Road at Pimpama in the early hours of October 12, 2020.
The 48-year-old was returning home from the gym when his attackers pounced, firing up to twelve gunshots through his vehicle around 12.20am.
Detective Superintendent Brendan Smith said based on investigations so far, it is clear that members of the Mongols are behind the murder.
“We don’t shy away from making that announcement, that we’re confident that it’s the Mongols Outlaw Motorcycle gang that are actively involved in this murder,” Detective Superintendent Smith said.
“We believe there are people out in the community who could have information about Shane’s murder.
“We believe this was a targeted attack on him and there will be people who know of or have information about his murder.
“This is most definitely the time to come forward and tell us what you know.”
- Pagans’ Associate Pleads Guilty to Trafficking Cocaine and Illegally Possessing Firearms and Ammunition
- Two men charged with the murder of Outlaws leader
- Street fight between some Alberta Hells Angels and rivals from the Rebels motorcycle gang came as biker clubs have taken to the road again
- Outlaw biker and street gang activity in the Army drops dramatically
- Ah OH!!! Skeletor 1%er is mad at Insane Throttle Biker News